General Electric Company
Houston, TX, United States
May 23, 2023
The Quality Specialist will be responsible for performing Quality Control inspections/audits of product and processes against engineering design drawings, repair manuals, QMS Procedures and Work Instructions, ISO standards and applicable specifications.
Aero Alliance is a Joint Venture that serves three segments of customers – its two parent companies, Baker Hughes, and GE Power, as well as the Authorized Aero Alliance is a Joint Venture that serves three segments of customers – its two parent companies, Baker Hughes, and GE Power, as well as the Authorized Service Providers (ASP) network. At Aero Alliance, our purpose is to deliver improved product, repair and execution, strategy and fulfillment with best-in-class quality, speed, and cost for the Joint Venture Partners and Authorized Service Providers network.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for documenting product defects, generating non-conformance reports, and assisting with corrective actions in accordance with Aero Services Control of Non-Conforming Materials procedures.
• Perform verifications of non-conformance and implement corrective and preventive actions.
• Maintain accurate inspection reports and records in support of the Quality Management System.
• Provide training and defect awareness to shop personnel when non-conformances are found.
• Perform internal audits and ISO audits.
• Initiate, complete, or assist in Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Ensure documentation is logged in system as defined in Continuous Improvement procedures.
• Proactively help improve processes and assist in developing procedures and work instructions when needed to sustain the process improvements
• Work with sourcing and supplier to help resolve supplier non-conformances and implement corrective actions.
• Assist in improving routers and work scope/router compliance or other shop documentation • Support Quality Department, up to including inspections
• Work with Quality leader to conduct pre-hire characteristics verification test of turbine technician applicants
• Perform and review audit corrections and containments
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
• A minimum of 5-years' experience in a fast-paced industrial field with knowledge in Aeroderivative turbine engines, mechanical, electrical, or structural disciplines.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience either working on or inspecting gas turbine power generation equipment.
• Minimum 2-year experience or working knowledge of ISO 9000 and 9100c standards and Quality Management System procedures.
• Advanced knowledge of turbines and understanding of Repair Manuals, Work Scopes, Service Bulletins, and CID’s to include Aero Derivative gas Turbines.
• Must be proficient in the following computer skills: able to create, edit, and format data in Excel spreadsheets; able to create, modify, and edit using the current business database; be able to create detailed PowerPoint presentations that include digital photographic inspection records
• Able to read, write and speak English to a minimum of High School level proficiency.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work in both an internal and external Manufacturing/Warehouse environment.
• Lead Auditor Certified
• Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, code specifications, and technical manuals to verify products follow the requirements set forth in these documents.
• Knowledge of quality software programs, Gensuite and Reality Charting is a plus
• Possess experience or working knowledge of AS9100 standards and Quality Management System procedures.
• Energetic self-starter, capable of working with minimum supervision, and have strong written/oral communication skills.
• Technical writing ability to be able to create clear instruction to ensure compliance with quality requirements.
• Ability to professionally interface with engineering, operations, sourcing, customers, suppliers, and external inspection agencies.
• RCA/troubleshooting experience with ability to significantly drive process and culture changes.
• Certified A&P License and Test Cell knowledge is a plus
Ability to operate cranes, forklifts, and other material moving equipment.
• Experience with lean action work -outs
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088_EEOC_KnowYourRights_10_20.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided:
General Electric Company
Website : http://www.ge.com