Brooklyn, NY, United States
Manager, Quality, Construction, Architecture, Engineering, Sciences
Jul 06, 2022
Oct 19, 2022
Quality Control Manager
The (CQC) Project Quality Manager is responsible for the overall management of CQC and has the authority to act in all CQC matters
Kiewit’s Eastern District specializes in challenging heavy civil construction projects throughout the Northeast, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Chicago, Boston, and Washington DC. We are leaders in bridge, transit, foundation, tunnel, and water/wastewater construction while specializing in cast-in-place concrete, structural steel erection, earthwork, pile driving, and caissons. Kiewit’s Eastern District also has a large amount of work in the energy/power sector in various northeast locations. With our experienced and dedicated employees, extensive resources and in-depth market knowledge, the Eastern District can handle projects of any size.
New York City, NY
• Promote and maintain effective communications and relations with project management, project team, authorized inspectors, and engineer or client as required.
• Coordinate quality control staffing needs on the project and assigns qualified personnel.
• Assist project team in setting up the quality site-specific plans, holding points, and preparing for project kick-off and pre-job planning meetings. Assist in identifying the proper Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), checklists, and other documentation for the project.
• Support the project team in the development and implementation of project quality plans and supplemental procedures as needed.
• Facilitate resolution of issues by working with the Project Manager.
• Monitor and report to the district any quality incident.
• Oversee code compliance for work.
• Assist in coordinating authorized inspection services for the project.
• Research and answer technical questions; assist in the interpretation of construction codes and standards.
• Bachelor of Science Degree from accredited engineering, architecture, or construction management college or a state PE license.
• 4 years of construction experience (including 1 year as a QC representative) on long-span bridge projects.
• Completed CQM for Contractors Course (expires after 5 years)
• Must be on-site at all times during construction
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Base Compensation: $106,817 - $160,225
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Website : http://www.kiewit.com