connection to 192.168.30.192:5052 failed (errno=110, msg=Connection timed out)
Stratford, CT, United States
Dec 01, 2022
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Quality Engineer (QE) position supporting the CH-53K program located at RMS Sikorsky Stratford. This position will report to the CH-53K Program Quality Manager. The QE manages the implementation and execution of program quality requirements. Responsible for all aspects of Quality during the part acquisition, production and support stage. Partner with Program Management, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, suppliers and the Customer.
In this role, the QE will at a minimum:
- Provide general product life cycle support for mission success;
- Drive product and process improvements for the CH-53K in all phases of production and acceptance;
- Lead/coordinate efforts to perform root cause and corrective action activity on both manufactured and supplied parts;
- Generate and analyze quality metrics;
- Support First Article Inspections;
- Support Product Quality investigations;
- Support Product Quality initiatives;
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external customer reviews;
- Generate Quality Standard Work and Specifications;
- Support production floor audits;
- Communicate, track, status and provide solutions for deviations/non-conformances affecting product or processes at different levels within the organization;
- Participate in CCAB and Program reviews;
- Participate in Risk and Opportunity Review Boards
A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
• BS degree from an accredited college in Mechanical/Aerospace/Electrical Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education and professional experience
• Organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a matrix reporting structure
• Strong process aptitude and demonstrated advocacy
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to analyze data for trends with the ability to identify effective root cause and corrective action
• Ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems
• Demonstrated ability to use causal analysis tools to analyze and resolve technical/process issues varying from basic to very complex
• Experience in disposition of non-conforming products
• Compelling and clear communications to all levels of management, suppliers and customers
• Experience in establishing Performance Metrics for identifying process improvements
• Ability to interpret Drawings, Specifications, Contracts that will enable development and review of QE Processes, and related Performance Metrics
• Knowledge and experience with inspection processes and methods
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Ability to structure, prepare and deliver presentations
• Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point and Access)
Advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of 5 year working in a aerospace manufacturing environment
• Understand six sigma processes and methods; certification is preferred
• Be an effective communicator, demonstrate leadership characteristics, and be solutions oriented
• Possess ability to understand and communicate typical engineering/manufacturing concepts and processes
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with military program customers
• Background in ISO 9001/AS9100
• Experience in using SAP, Solumina and MatrixOne
• Experience using CATIA
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.